App Engine Boilerplate is a fast, robust and future-proof base template to get your project off the ground quickly and right-footed.
What does it include?
- HTML5 Boilerplate 2.0
- Build script to optimize images, js and css files
- OpenID authentication with a beautiful interface
- User preferences model with caching and Gravatar link
- Optimal caching and compression rules
- Best practice site configuration defaults
- MailChimp integration, @login_required decorator
- Minimal code, detailed comments
App Engine Boilerplate just contains the things you need to get started. Take a look at the files and start building your idea!
The code is freely available under the BSD license so you can use it to build anything you want!
How do I get started?
# Clone the repository $ git clone email@example.com:metachris/appengine-boilerplate.git $ cd appengine-boilerplate # Start the app engine devserver $ <GAE_DIR>/dev_appserver.py app # You can now visit the site via localhost:8080 $ google-chrome http://localhost:8080 # To build and preview the site before uploading $ ./upload_to_appengine.sh Build the project with 'ant minify' now? [yN]y ... lots of build output ... Setting /static to /static_dev/publish You can now test the latest build. Do you wish to upload this version? [yN]n Setting /static back to /static_dev
Tip: HTML5 Boilerplate is located in /static_dev.
How can I contribute?
If you have ideas for changes to the project, join us on Github and file a ticket, or send over a pull request if you have working code!